The Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to creating an inclusive teaching, learning and working environment. We are a diverse College of Veterinary Medicine where people's ideas, culture, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation and beliefs are accepted, appreciated and respected.
We strongly believe that interacting with diverse peers within the College helps improve critical thinking, intellectual engagement and academic skills of our students. Our commitment to diversity is a shared responsibility among our faculty, staff, students, alumni and others who are part of the community. We pledge to continue to build and expand individual and organizational efforts that foster respect, dignity, fairness, caring, equity and self-esteem. By fostering diversity in our classrooms, laboratories and clinical environments, we will promote a veterinary global awareness to better serve the local, regional, national and global community.
The primary goals of the diversity committee are as follows:
- To create and sustain a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive college climate
- To recruit veterinary students from underrepresented populations and enhance access to veterinary care for more Mississippians
- To increase the likelihood that veterinary research will benefit people from underserved or health disparity populations
- To contribute to the recruitment and retention of under-represented populations into faculty, staff, and leadership positions
- To develop and strengthen outreach programs with Mississippi communities that are under-represented in veterinary medicine
Diversity Team Members
- Dr. Patty Lathan, Diversity Officer
- Dr. Brittany Moore-Henderson, Outreach
- Dr. Caroline Betbeze
- Dr. Alison Eddy
- Dr. Tim Morgan
- Dr. Bindu Nanduri
- Dr. Claudio Natalini
- Lori Ford
- Claire Wilson
- Anita Phillips
- Jordan Ziegler, VOICE President
For additional information about diversity at MSU CVM, contact Dr. Patty Lathan at (662) 325-1280 or firstname.lastname@example.org.