Dr. Gregory Pharr
B.S. – University of Arkansas.
M.S. – University of Arkansas.
Ph.D. – Mississippi State University.
Postdoctoral Fellow – USDA-ARS, Avian Disease and Oncology Laboratory, East Lansing, MI.
Postdoctoral Fellow – Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, University of Chicago.
Postdoctoral Fellow – College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Animal Physiology, Mississippi State University, 1990
- Master of Science (M.S.), Microbiology, University of Arkansas, 1986
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Bacteriology, University of Arkansas, 1982
Characterization of B lymphocyte development in the bursa of Fabricius.
Host adaptation of respiratory Mycoplasmas in chickens.
- Blood variables of commercial egg-laying pullets following a field-strain Mycoplasma gallisepticum challenge . Poultry Science. Volume 97, Issue E-Suppl. 1, Page 59. 2018
- Production and humoral immune effects of dietary Original XPC in layer pullets challenged with Mycoplasma gallisepticum. Poultry Science. Volume 97, Issue E-Suppl. 1, Pages 35-36. 2018
- Effects of dietary Original XPC on selected blood variables in layer pullets challenged with Mycoplasma gallisepticum,,. Poultry Science. Volume 99, Issue 9, Pages 4373-4383. 2020
- Growth and humoral immune effects of dietary Original XPC in layer pullets challenged with Mycoplasma gallisepticum. Poultry Science. Volume 99, Issue 6, Pages 3030-3037. 2020
- Transcriptomic analysis of early B-cell development in the chicken embryo.. Poultry science. Volume 98, Issue 11, Pages 5342-5354. 2019
- Expression of the ephrin receptor B2 in the embryonic chicken bursa of Fabricius. International Journal of Poultry Science. Volume 14, Issue 9, Pages 485-490. 2015
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus infection affects the expression of proteins related to professional antigen presentation in bovine monocytes.. Biochimica et biophysica acta. Volume 1794, Issue 1, Pages 14-22. 2009
- Prevalence and factors associated with fecal shedding of Giardia spp. in domestic cats.. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association. Volume 42, Issue 6, Pages 424-9. 2006
- In ovo injection of probiotic bacteria and its influence on the broiler immune system during a coccidian challenge. Poultry Science. Volume 98, Issue E-suppl. 1., Page 5. 2019
- "In ovo injection of probiotic bacteria and its influence on the broiler immune system during a coccidian challenge." International Poultry Scientific Forum, Southern Poultry Science Society, Atlanta GA. 2019
Areas of Expertise
Transcriptomics bursa of Fabricius B-cell development chicken embryo.