Dr. Meyer is an alumnus of SUNY at Buffalo (BA, 1973) and Cornell University (DVM, 1980). He is a Board Certified Specialist® in Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia. He was a faculty member at NC State University for 20 yrs prior to coming to Mississippi State in 2003.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.), Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, 1980
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Biological Sciences, University at Buffalo, 1973
Veterinary anesthesiology, with a special interest on humane applications of inhaled methods to clinical situations, agricultural production, and epizootic events.
- Determination of plasma levels for target intravenous continuous rate infusion and repeated intramuscular administration of dexmedetomidine in standing horses.. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Volume 44, Pages 533-543. 2021
- Sharp transection of the suspensory ligament as an alternative to digital strumming during canine ovariohysterectomy. Veterinary Surgery. Volume 48, Issue 2, Pages 216-221. 2019
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics comparison between subcutaneous and intravenous butorphanol administration in horses. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Volume 38, Issue 4, Pages 365-374. 2015
- Pharmacodynamics of intravenous continuous rate infusion and repeated intramuscular administration of dexmedetomidine in standing horses. American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia Meeting; Washington, D.C..
Areas of Expertise
anesthesia consciousness euthanasia animal welfare